Thursday, 6 May 2010

Week 7

I have added some picture this week to show how the characters head is coming along. I have modelled the whole thing from scratch using my sketches as references. I have changed the texture of the eyes to brown to fit in with the model. I have also added eyebrows, although I still have the ears and hair to add.

The model is very simple but it will do for this application. I feel as though I have enough of a model to work with, to create a believable character.

The model was started from a single plane which I then added to and shaped to form the basis of Burt's head. I was able to do this by using the edit poly mode in the 3Ds Max modelling options. If I were to create an anotomically correct character I could have used referance plates as guides when modelling. I felt that because of the nature of my character and the brief of the module, that creating a really complex model would have been un-neccesary and a waste of time.


The image above shows a rough sketch of the storyboard. The character Burt is snoring away when he gets rudely awoken by someone shoutin his name. He has a little grumble and then falls back to sleep. I would like to stick to this storyboard but there may be variations when it comes to the final animation.

No comments:

Post a Comment