I produced this report card for the character as a visual aid to help me explain the concept of the character and the animation to the rest of the class. As you can see from the picture on the report card I have started to model Burt already and I have completed the basic shape of his head and shoulders. To finish this section I will have to add ears, eyebrows and hair. I also think that his eye colour needs changing to fit in with the model. I have some more sketches to show the character in situe. The sketches below show Burt behind a big extravigant desk but I think the idea will have to change, seing as though burt is just your typical office employee. It would take Burt a few promotions to get a job with a desk like that.

Character Treatment:
Burt is a fourty-two year old phone salesman/ office worker who lives alone in a run down one bedroom flat. Having worked for the same company for over twenty years it is safe to say that Burt is very stuck in his ways. This is the only life he knows and he sees his lazy, miserable attitude as normal.
The only person Burt socialises with is his mum as he has no life outside of work. Many people in the office have tried and failed to have a conversation with Burt, to the point that everyone now leaves him well alone. The only person that will approach Burt is his boss and that is usually to tell him to get on with his work or to wake up. All Burt wants in life is at least one promotion, but that seems very far off.
No comments:
Post a Comment